Greek-Spiced Baked Shrimp
Write a review
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes in juice, drained, reserving juice, and chopped
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 1/4 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 pound Shamrock Artisan Goat Cheese Feta, crumbled (2/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Preheat oven to 375F with rack in middle.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil with 1/4 teaspoon salt in a 4-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in spices and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add chopped tomatoes with juice and sugar and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Season shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt, then stir into tomato sauce. Transfer to a 2-quart shallow baking dish and top with feta. Bake until just cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve sprinkled with dill.
- Crusty bread or steamed white rice; a green salad.
Shamrock Artisan Goat Cheese http://shamrockartisangoatcheese.com/