Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut Spread
A take on muhammara, a Turkish and Syrian red pepper spread thickened with bread crumbs and walnuts, this sunset-hued condiment comes together in minutes and does double duty as an accompaniment to both the kebabs and the grilled pita.
Write a review
- 2 (7-to 8-ounces) jars roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup coarse fresh bread crumbs (from a baguette)
- 1 cup walnuts (4 ounces), toasted
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Purée roasted red peppers, bread crumbs, walnuts, vinegar, cumin, cayenne, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor until almost smooth.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow stream, blending until incorporated.
- Spread on fresh flatbread, add chopped fresh cucumbers, crumble Shamrock Garlic Chevre, and two pieces of crispy fried prosciutto
- Spread can be made 3 days ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Shamrock Artisan Goat Cheese http://shamrockartisangoatcheese.com/