Savory Onion, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Pizza
Write a review
- 2 Cups Bread Flour
- 2/3 Cup Lukewarm Water
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tsp Garlic Flakes
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1/4 Tsp Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, plus 6 to 8 shards using a vegetable peeler
- 2 Large Onions, sliced thin
- 4 Cloves Garlic, sliced razor thin
- 4 Ounces Shamrock Garlic Chevre
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 Cup Chardonnay
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- 3/4 Tsp Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp freshly cracked Pepper
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp water, room temperature. Place flour in a mixing boal and add yeast, ovlive oil, water, garlic flakes, oregano, basil, onion powder, salt and pepper. Using dough hook, mix well at medium low speed until all ingredients are mixed well. Increase speed to high and mix dough for 4 to 5 minutes. Lightly brush dough ball with olive oil and place in a large bowl covered with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm, draft free area for 1 to 3 hours.
- Place pizza stone on bottom rack of oven and preheat to 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Shape pizza dough onto a pizza peel (for easy transfer onto the stone).
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat and add the onions and garlic. Aute for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are limp and there is almost no mosture remaining in the skillet. Add the salt, pepper, Chardonnay, and thyme. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes, until the onions are lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- In oreder, spread the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on the pizza dough, then the onion mixture, then the spread bits of the Shamrock Garlic Chevre evenly, then the tomato slices. Brush the tomato slices lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and basil. Finally, scatter the Parmigiano-Reggiano shards on top of the pizza.
- Transfer pizza from the pizza peel to the preheated pizza stone. Bake until pizza is finished, crust will be golden brown and crispy, about 20 to 23 minutes.
Shamrock Artisan Goat Cheese http://shamrockartisangoatcheese.com/