Summer Pudding with Gingered Fresh Chevre
Write a review
- 6 cups blackberries, raspberries or blueberries
- Soft white bread slices, crusts removed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-qt. Pudding bowl or soufflé bowl
Gingered Fresh Chevre Ingredients
- 8 oz. fresh soft chevre, at room temp
- 1/3 cup chopped candied ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 2 tbsp. Powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Line pudding mold with bread slices. Cook berries with sugar for 3 minutes to make syrup. Ladle half the mixture into the lined mold, add a layer of bread and a layer of berries, finishing with a bread cap. Cover with plastic wrap, then weight with a small saucer of and a container of water, compressing into a pudding. Chill weighted overnight. Unmold onto a serving dish and cut into wedges. Garnish with Gingered Fresh Chevre.
- Mix chevre, ginger, powdered sugar and lime zest. Fold in sour cream.
Shamrock Artisan Goat Cheese http://shamrockartisangoatcheese.com/